There is an interesting process of reconstruction of two parallel religious buildings in the city of Banja Luka. One orthodox church, doctor demolished in World War II, recently rebuilt, and one muslim mosque, demolished in the Civil war in Bosnia and Hercegovina, which is temporary under reconstruction.
The church of Christ the Saviour was built between 1925 and 1939, and destoyed in 1941. Rebuilding of the new church of the same appearance started in 1992, and in May in 2009 the church was finished and consecrated.
The Ferhadija mosque was one of the most important and most beautiful monuments of Ottoman architecture in the SEE region. It was demolished in 1992. The process of reconstruction is going very slowly, because of bad ethnic and political conditions.
Both buildings are rebuilding by the method of restitution, which consideres the brand new construction, but identical in material, appearance and construction system as previous one..