Within the WWII - MONUMENT SEE project, on 14/05/2019, a one-day regional workshop will be held in Podgorica on the new cultural route of the monuments dedicated to the Second World War in Southeast Europe. We invite interested parties to apply for participation in the workshop.
The workshop will present the results of the process of "Assessment of monuments after the Second World War in order to develop a new regional tourism product / cultural route in South East Europe". Estimates of the monumental heritage after the WWII were carried out by researchers from: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo *, Montenegro, Serbia and Northern Macedonia. In addition to individual research, the workshop will also present a REGIONAL assessment for the development of a new regional tourism product: the cultural route of the monuments dedicated to the Second World War in Southeast Europe.
The invitation to participate in the workshop was sent to shareholders from Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo *, Montenegro, Serbia and Northern Macedonia, and among them primarily:
- local and national organizations from the field of tourism;
- tourist operators
- Institutions that take care of the monument heritage
- local governments in SEE countries
- Associations of Veterans' and other organizations that take care of monuments dedicated to the WWII
- civil society organizations in the SEE region which already deal with or can deal with some of the segments in the future in the development of tourist routes
- individuals and organizations that were engaged in research of monuments dedicated to the WWII
- experts from different fields (history, art history, cultural heritage, tourism, marketing ...) that can contribute to the process of developing a new tourist route
- media interested in the topic
The workshop will be held at Hotel Podgorica in PODGORICA on Tuesday,14/05/2019, 10-16h (with lunch and coffee break) and the AGENDA will be subsequently delivered.
If you want to participate in the workshop fill out the APPLICATION. For a limited number of participants, organizers can cover travel expenses.
English translation is provided.